What Do Intuition and a '68 Mustang Have in Common?
I’ve blogged a bit lately about intuition. I find the whole area fascinating and my personal intuitive development exhilarating. Working with both my mind and my spirit is just plain cool! Here’s what I’ve got for tonight’s post:
- Truth
- Prayer
- Meditation
The Truth of the Matter
I heard Matthew Muschott, an intuitive reader make this statement: Intuition development is first and foremost self study. You cannot develop your intuition without studying yourself.
I simply could not agree more. Without understanding your mental, physical and spiritual makeup as a human being on a journey through life, how could you truly feel, hear and see information coming to you? A strong statement, but I feel it to be truth.
The Role of Prayer in Intuition
While not being defined by it, I am a Catholic Christian. For many years prior to being received into the Catholic Church, I was a practicing Buddhist. I only say this to let you know where I come from in relationship to prayer.
While some forms of Buddhism can be practiced without the need for a Deity, I practiced with the understanding of something greater than myself – a Higher Power. Naturally in Catholicism I call that Higher Power – God.
Simply stated – I think you need a belief in something Other, call it Collective Consciousness or whatever, but in my book, you need a God to develop intuition.
Prayer is a vehicle. What? Prayer is where I ask for the information I need in order to practice my intuition. It is the 68 Mustang that blares it’s horn and says: “Hey, I need some help here!” Ponder that for a minute.
The Role of Meditation in Intuition
If prayer is the vehicle that allows me to ask for information, meditation is the place where I receive it. In prayer I ask, in meditation I receive. Asking and receiving sounds too simple huh? We’ll keep working with that one in future posts.
Before I finish, one word about meditation. Before you go getting all uptight about the concept and practice of meditation; just know that I believe meditation can be accomplished standing up, without the use of a mantra and in the everyday situations of life.
Ever receive an answer to a nagging question while in the shower? See what i mean? That’s what I’m talking about.
Truth: You have to study yourself in order to understand intuition.
Prayer: Is the Mustang that drives you to ask for information.
Meditation: Meditation is where you receive. Even in the shower.
How are you developing your Intuition? Do you pray and ask for information? How about meditation? What’s your experience with this whole idea?
Continue the conversation by commenting below!
Light to you and yours,
Frank
Labels: Buddhism, God, intuition, med, Meditation, Prayer, Roman Catholic Church
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=2b554dcc-b9c1-4483-afbe-0055590d9973)


<< Home