I’m A Geek.

Yup. Grade A, Government Inspected, Full-Fledged and proud of it Geek. That’s me!
How do I know it? Well, for one, I have three desktop PC’s, two Macs, a PC laptop and a Mac laptop. I LOVE computers!
Secondly, I can sit at said computers for hours on end without proper food or hydration and be happy as a Lark. Did I mention that I LOVE computers?
Anyway, with my Geekdom now professed let me see if I can make a blog point or two.
One of my favorite people on Twitter and on the internet is Chris Pirillo (@chrispirillo). Chris has been making cool things happen online since 1992 and one of his coolest sites is called -> Geeks! While tweeting away today I saw a link to a blog post on Geeks! by Eric Fox entitled Inconvenient Conveniences.
Eric basic question is – are all the conveniences we so richly have making our lives, in fact, more stressful, crazy and tiresome? He states a need that I have posted about on this blog recently – our need to slow down.
Hear him please:
People around the world are moving so fast, trying to do so much, that humanity as a whole is slowly choking itself with its own progress. We're trying to cram so much into a day, so much into our minds that we don't know how to do anything else. Children are soon going to be taught two languages from the moment they enter school, just to keep up, and some already do. What we need to learn how to do, more than anything else, is to slow down.
For too long I lived this way. Daily grind. Sixteen hour days building businesses while working jobs that I hated. Two years ago I hit the wall. No more.
Eric said it best: People are supposed to smell the flowers that they plant.
Sniff. Sniff.
Frank
Are you willing to slow down? Are you fed up with the rat race? How do you de-stress and simplify? Tricks, Tips, Help?
Continue the conversation by commenting below.
Labels: Chris Pirillo, frank dickinson, geeks, simplify, stress, Twitter


<< Home