16 May 2009

My First Healing Session

With my first attunement in tow, I set out to practice the different types of healings allowed for Level One. They are:

  1. Self/Other
  2. Remote/Distance
  3. Location/House/Room (cleaning)
  4. Karmic Band
  5. Situation/Personal Trait (anger, smoking, unemployment
My intention was for my wife RuthAnn. She had recently undergone total knee replacement and was dealing with the after effects of pain and swelling.

She was seated in a comfortable chair and asked to simply relax and open her mind. From behind, I lightly placed my hands on her shoulders, stated my intention and started the energy by simply saying "Reiki".

My experience was one of warmth from my feet to my hands. In addition, each hand tingled. The tingling was something like when a part of your body goes numb and then the feeling starts to come back.

The emotion of knowing that I was running healing energy for someone I love so dearly was a beautiful experience. In all my subsequent healing sessions I have felt a sense of gratitude, but this one was special.

After 5-6 minutes the energy ebbed and then stopped.

I asked RuthAnn to write her experience of the session. Here is what she relayed:

My first healing experience May 10, 2009:

As I sat in the chair, prior to hearing the word, Reiki, I felt something enter up my groin, traveling up the center of my body. Eyes closed, my mind free of any and all thoughts except for the awareness of the gentle music flowing around me. An aura was beginning to surround me, mixing with unwelcome senses leaving my body, filtering through the aura, only to dissipate somewhere outside of my being. At one point, I felt the need to turn my palms upward, fingers spread slightly to allow this aura I was sensing to have the , what I felt was the needed ability to move free of any obstacles.As the healing concluded and even now as I sit here, documenting my experience, I feel lighter...less bogged down with what, I do not know. All I do know is that this is a pleasant feeling.
RuthAnn Dickinson


It is hard to fully express the gratitude I have for the Universe allowing me to be a small part of the healing arts. Each day I find more and more joy in my life because of this gift.

I am blessed.

Namaste,
Frank

Comments, questions? Please post!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home