The Energy of Walking
Two months ago I started walking every day. I LOVE walking. The experience is almost religious for me on so many levels. Why I Love Walking
- Like many of you I'm sure, I sit in my office for long hours each day. Walking connects me with Nature. Fresh air. The sounds of corns stalks ripping in the wind. The hustle and bustle of people working in their yards - children playing with friends. That smell - fresh, invigorating and relaxing at the same time.
- Walking is Spiritual. It doesn't take long before my heart and my head connect in a way that allows me to sense Spirit in my life. I think, feel and experience on a much deeper level when walking. What's going on in my life seems to flow. I work out many details, problems, plans whilst putting one foot in front of the other. I connect with Something greater than myself.
- The obvious - walking is physical. Heart rate up - muscles strengthened - bad out, good in. I feel better after a good stroll.
- Walking Redirects Time. Huh? Here's my thing: When I walk, I have more time for the things I need to get accomplished. I never see walking as a time stealer. I get a ton more done before my walk because I use it as a reward for completing my tasks. I find more energy, both physical and creative energy after my walk as well. Walking redirects my time. Make sense?
- Walking helps me as a Healer. As a Reiki Master, after walking, my connection to spiritual life force energy is so much more fine-tuned. I sense the energy in a deeper, more substantial way. The energy has a better vessel to work with as it moves in healing ways. I am a better channel for this energy because I walk on a daily basis.
There you have it.
I think it's time for a walk!
Blessings,
Frank
I think it's time for a walk!
Blessings,
Frank
photo by FrAcTuReD
Please share your walking experiences below - continue the conversation!
Please share your walking experiences below - continue the conversation!
Labels: energy


<< Home